If you’re 100% sure it’s time to remove your tree, then the next step is to make it happen.
While deciding to remove a Spartanburg tree can be emotional, it doesn’t have to be painful.
But first thing’s first, let’s talk about the cost of Spartanburg tree removal.
Tree Removal Cost Per Tree
“Just like every fingerprint, every single Spartanburg tree is different and unique. That goes for every Spartanburg tree removal, too,” says Kevin Sheehan of Davey’s Long Island, NY office.
How much should I pay for Spartanburg tree removal?
Like Kevin mentioned, the cost of Spartanburg tree removal really depends on the tree. To give an accurate Spartanburg tree removal cost, an arborist needs to see it in person. If you want a free Spartanburg tree removal estimate, click here.
These are the factors we examine to determine a Spartanburg tree removal cost.
- Location: The biggest factor that affects Spartanburg tree removal cost is location, location, location–just like real estate. If a Spartanburg tree is close to your home, other structures, or power lines, removal becomes much trickier. Think about it. A single limb can weigh up to 1,000 pounds. If that were to drop, it could make a serious dent in your yard or cause significant damage to your home. An experienced Spartanburg tree removal company creates a detailed plan to make sure that doesn’t happen.
- Size of the tree: As you guessed, larger Spartanburg trees cost more to remove. There’s simply more to do!
- Client specifications: “At Davey, we give our clients lots of options for Spartanburg tree removals. Don’t want us to drive on the lawn? Sure thing! We work with you to make it happen,” says Kevin Sheehan.
- Equipmentneeds: If you’re removing a large Spartanburg tree close to your home, we may recommend using a rig or crane to lower sections of the tree, piece by piece.
- Timeandcrewrequired: Based on the above factors, we estimate how long and how many people we’ll need to do the job safely. “If it’s a small Spartanburg tree in a remote location, we could take it out in a few hours. On the flip side, if it’s a bigger, more involved job, it could take an entire week,” says Kevin.
If a Spartanburg tree removal cost seems too good to be true, ask these 4 questions.
- Do you have insurance?
Tree removal can be dangerous when done incorrectly. If you hire someone without insurance, any property damage or injuries that happen could be yourfiscalresponsibility. Always, always ask for proof of insurance before allowing someone to climb up your Spartanburg tree with a chainsaw.
- What are your credentials?
To remove a tree, all you need is a chainsaw. To be an ISA Certified Arborist®, you need at least three years’ experience. Then, you need to pass a rigorous exam and sign a code of ethics.
- Do you have any referrals I could talk to ahead of time?
- If you’re skeptical of a low-ball cost, ask for referrals. Or hop online and read reviews before hiring a Spartanburg tree removal company.
- How do you plan on removing this tree?
"This is a big one!” says Kevin. “Some companies will drive their truck right up to the Spartanburg tree (leaving marks on the way), chop it down, and have the limbs dent your yard as they fall. Then, they’ll leave these huge, heavy branches sitting there for you to deal with.”
Ask for details on how exactly the company will remove your tree. That way, you know you’re hiring an experienced business, and you know exactly what you’re paying for.